We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

What's the Scoop on Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators, a New Authentication Company?

Could it be real... as in they know what they are doing?

http://gfaauthenticated.com/guarantee/   could it be that TPA's have some competition?

If authenticity is determined under such “Guarantee Resubmission” procedures to be found non-authentic, GFA shall pay the purchase price for the autograph in question or at the owner of the signature’s option to replace the signature with a GFA authenticated signature of the original signer of similar item and value.  GFA will also refund the reauthentication fee and postage and insurance costs incurred by the signature owner in sending the signature to GFA. It is understood that GFA will replace the signature or refund the purchase price after reexamination and a verifiable receipt of price paid is supplied to GFA.

Of course, it would be nice to know what the procedures for determining non-authentic are..

Service pricing model seems reasonable;

http://gfaauthenticated.com/services/

Since it's headed up by Steve Rocchi could there be another player in town?;

Since 1991 Stephen Rocchi former PSA President, and founder, a former President, CEO and Founder of Global Authentication and was responsible for hiring JSA authenticator Jimmy Spence also a former PSA authenticator. Stephen Rocchi has been instrumental in bringing the three largest authentication companies into the sports world.”

Since it stands for Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators (GFA). and so long as we keep certain FDE's out of it - wouldn't it be nice.

Tags: GFA, GFA-Authentication

Views: 27115

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

This is just insanity. As i said in the other thread, out of all the incredibly stupid members of the forging community who come here to stir up trouble or too defend forgeries, Gary has to be the worst. Imagine.......coming onto an autograph site to defend your buddy who was involved in the biggest forgery autograph bust of all time, while all the while you have been charged with a federal crime involving autograph forgeries!!!!!!!!!   Its so stupid its amazing. 

I mean what were you thinking Gary?? Did you think someone wouldnt catch you? This isnt fanmail.biz, and you have been exposed now for the second time. The first time was obviously when you were exposed by our government for selling forgeries. Wow!

When we first discovered the GFA website in Sept. 2011, a lot of us attempted (for months) to contact GFA.  The emails continued to bounce back.

In addition to that, no public submissions for authentication were allowed (still isn't as far as I know).

They (GFA) advertised three tiers ($10.00, $20.00 and $30.00) of "Forensic Authentication."  Buy why advertise three tiers of "Forensic Authentication," when in fact, there was not an option to submit one.

During the same time period when AlwaysAtAuction changed their name to AtAuction, GFA took over the authenticating (I use that word loosely) for Chris Morales, Ted Taylor and Drew Max.

To this day, I don't know of anyone who can reach anyone at GFA.

Another freakin' bad joke!!!!

I'd like to add, does anyone really think that Rocchi forensically examined any of the crap (garbage) that is shown on this thread!!!!!!

Nope. Dont believe he even laid hands on any of these. I think he sent X number of COAs with matching stickers for X amount each.

Isn't this the same goof that helped run GAI into the ground?

As a matter of fact, as you can see below, AtAuction is still selling Mickey Mantle forgeries with a COA from GFA.

http://atauction.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=193&auct...

Gary,

Which authenticators do you recommend besides GFA and Don Frangipani?

Anything in the book operation bullpen apparently. Gary is as inept to authenticate an autograph just as GFA is. My money is on they work for the forgery ring used by GFA to pass this trash. Cause there is no way a person who calls themselves a professional would pass these, unless of course they are being paid well to pass these forgeries. Or need a way to dump a bunch of old forgeries left over in the basement. 

So Mr Gary T Mannix is from Daytona Beach Florida according to his facebook. What are the odds Mr. Mannix would be from the forgery state and be defending forgers and forgeries? 

Hey check out this link.. What are the odds.

http://www.justice.gov/usao/flm/press/2012/oct/20121011_Mannix.html

nice find rOb. It is impossible to back up these horrific forgeries. And also their horrific GFA sticker that takes up half the photo.

Here's yet another set of Mickey Mantle and Ted Williams forgeries with a COA from GFA (Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators).

GFA (Guaranteed Forensic Authenticators...Steve Rocchi) took over certing for www.atauction.com after At Auction changed their name from AlwaysAtAuction to AtAuction.  After the name change, Steve Rocchi took over where Chris Morales, Ted Taylor and Drew Max left off.

This set of Mickey Mantle and Ted Williams forgeries is listed by Ebay seller Flowersbyheidi.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mickey-Mantle-And-Ted-Williams-Authentic-Au...

This is actually my auction and I had no idea that it was fake.  I tried removing the listing from eBay, but I can't because it is below 12 hours and I have bids on it.  I hope the winner of the auction is understanding and realize that I'm not trying to rip anyone off.  I don't like negative feedback and am not a thief or a liar, so this wasn't intentional and until I get them verified, I will not be selling it.

Bad thing is AtAuction will not refund your money. They will baffle you with BS stories of 3rd party authenticators targeting them because they offer affordable signatures. They claim by doing this it lowers the prices on other 3rd party authenticated items. None of it is true but they have to say something I guess.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service