You don't see this every day -- but $17,000?  Fair price or not?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/382030588297?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&a... 

Views: 2598

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I was using drunken millionaire metaphorically as well, meaning it doesn't take a stupid person making an impulse decision to purchase an item like this at this price. Or better yet -- just to make an offer.

It's unique, yeah? Especially with a Harrison like that. :D

Beyond the jealousy ("haters gonna hate hate hate hate hate hate" - Taylor Swift) or lack of funds ("Would you take $25 for this $500 item?" -everyone on eBay), really it's just the constant critiquing that annoys me personally. But I guess that's the nature of collectors. Most people buying autographs are just fans though, not autograph critics.

It is the nature of the internet. On every subject known to man. There will be an opinion.

The topic was, is this worth $17k? Which is an opinion, but was also backed by recent(ish) auction results.

Most everyone here has different reasons for what they collect. All things are only worth what someone is willing to buy something at. Nothing is stopping the seller to set a price. As you know that is why auction houses set estimates, could go for more or less.

I just don't see how it is unfair for collectors (who mind you spend big bucks here on AML) to discuss value and what they would see greater value in purchasing. It is an autograph forum so it is all on topic in my eyes.
I don't see constant critiquing on AML or RACC to be honest, it's all quite polite and built with facts.
With this particular item, I personally think that even if someone offers like 12-13000 it would be a person without experience and knowledge in the graphing field. But hey, they exist of course :-).
In the end, I think our opinions don't differ that much from each other :-).
I guess. Seems like a lot of people listing reasons why they dislike something and how it could be better if this, this, this or this.

It is what it is. Personally I thought it was cool to see. I also think the Beatles x3 guitar was awesome, and people had a lot of things to say about that one as well. It makes me think of Jerry Seinfeld saying "Who ARE these people?"
Or like... people commenting on baseballs signed by celebs and saying why would anyone ever do this? Or people commenting on signed pickguard guitars to say they only collect guitars signed on bodies or, better yet, the signature models of the artists.

Ugh. Honestly have deleted no less than hundreds of price critical comments on RACC over the last 2 years. AHHHHHH!!!!

We like to discuss things here. I like a little drama. One nice thing here is no censorship. Got "censored" the other day on RACC myself (still love it there though!).

Ian... RACC would be a disaster if we didn't no soup for you. I'd rather they over censored than left is open for arguments like the other groups do.

A moderator position is still and always will be on the table for you! :) Then you can delete Josh's comments randomly just for fun.
Most Beatles collectors try and keep their collection vintage or close to period pieces as possible,the exception being rare albums signed in the 70s or 80s eg the 80s era sgt pepper signed that sold for 30k in rr auction with beatiuful signatures.
This item maybe for someone that wants a abbey set, price and money vs vintage .

Paul, you're back! You've been missed.

Good to "see" you Paul! The crappy Harrison graph ruins it for me.

30 big boys! Sgt p.

Yes, good to see you Paul!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service