We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

You don't see this every day -- but $17,000?  Fair price or not?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/382030588297?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&a... 

Views: 2584

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I understand that - and the flat announced the birth and arrival of that music. I believe the flats and covers, at least late 60's to mid 70's, were printed with the same quality. But we agree - this one is just not attractive. 

record stores are history and in store stuff, even unsigned, are becoming collectibles

I agree! I have several. Below is my oldest original Bowie flat from 1980 and a 1979/80 signed Lodger double weight promo. Click for full image.

the photo looks like it was part of a promo pack sent to radio stations, not sent to record stores.  These are also becoming collectible.  I have one for Lynard Skynard that was published before plane crash, but lists many upcoming concerts after the plane crash

Hi Sling,

I did not mean the promo came from a records store - I just paired it with the flat because of the date (and it looks neat IMO with the opposing angles of the two cigg smoking Bowie's - one as a shadow). The promo was part of the promotional package/kit or very similar. There seems to be 2 varieties of label info. Not sure if the others are also double weight. 

Has anyone acknowledged that most items on eBay stores are highly priced with Make Offer enabled? Especially autographs.

What's the point of Make Offer if you're going to price at what you want?

Hearing people complain about other people's prices being too high is without a doubt the most consistently annoying thing collectors can do. Often just rooted in negativity, ego, jealousy, or often just a lack of funds.

It's a by 3 Beatles and it will perfectly fit the taste of a fan out there one day. If you aren't that fan, great. But why so critical? It really takes the joy out of graphing and collecting, all of this nerdy hyper analytical hyper critical rambling about items people didn't obtain, don't own, won't own or even dont want.

Graphing is a lot like a religious experience to some people. Take a kneel, say a prayer, give thanks. God bless every experience and the fresh ink it's brought! Yeahhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!

Mr. Steffman,

"Hearing people complain about other people's prices being too high is without a doubt the most consistently annoying thing collectors can do. Often just rooted in negativity, ego, jealousy, or often just a lack of funds."

It might be annoying to dealers and graphers, but I don't think that it's usually rooted in what you think it is. People have different ideas of value, based on preferences, knowledge, desire, experience...and their mindset on bargaining.

I think it's annoying to anyone who sells anything at all, but *especially* on merchandise where value changes person to person.

plus, for consumers, this forum is as much about learning proper pricing. Pricing comments are welcome

Justin,
A religious experience? :-).
Buying the same item multiple times from a musician's store and trying to sell them for 4x more isn't a religious experience.
If dozens of a similar graph are sold in the past years for around 1000 dollars, trying to sell it for 4000 dollars has got nothing to do with a religious experience.

Dealers are just hoping a drunken millionaire grabs it.
It's just business. If a dealer gets a graph, the ink isn't dry yet or he already thinks about the best way to sell it. I don't think they get very emotional about the artist or the signature.
But there is absolutely nothing wrong with that, luckily for me in person graphers exist or I wouldn't have a lot of my graphs :-).

If I would get a McCartney IP myself I'd never ever sell it. I'd have a religious experience every time I saw it hanging on my wall. The mindset of a buyer/collector is just different. I collect cause I love the music and artists.

This item was for sale for 17000, and in a couple weeks dropped to 10000. Which is just a bit...silly in the end. Of course there is a make an offer button, but that's not really the point.
Autograph value is no science. Just like real estate value. But if someone tries to sell a small house for 1 million dollars, people will comment on it.
That's what we did here, saying 17000 is way too high for this. Apparently, the seller thinks that too.

You commented on a Springsteen value question yourself on RACC saying the seller would have to be glad he'd get 400 dollar, that is basically the same.
On a forum, anyone can discuss anything they want. It's not complaining, it's just discussing our hobby. It has got nothing to do with jealousy,ego or a lack of funds. Frankly, I really don't give a damn how much IP success someone had.
In a post where someone sells an item, I agree it is annoying and not done to comment on the price so I avoid that. But on the other hand, I saw an admin on RACC doing it themselves saying something was sold at an ambitious price.
It's not because it comes from Brennan, people can't discuss it.
There's just so much here that isn't really on topic. Meeting the Beatles IS a religious experience. Meeting Prince IS a religious experience. A fan or collector who buys doesn't have to be a drunken millionaire to be able to appreciate this fact. This isn't anything at all similar to a NewburyComic flip or a dealer who values money over the religion of graphing. This is a long term collector who collects to collect, out of passion, for 30 years. The bottom line, at least for me, is that I respect the guys who pioneered the hobby, and if they want to hold out for the long term, so be it. I expect it. It makes sense. It has nothing to do with drunken millionaires.
You confuse metaphors and facts. You concentrate on 2 words in my post, a drunken millionaire. But I'm convinced you know I don't mean that literally.
I don't say I don't respect a graphing guy, nobody says that in this topic. I don't know Brennan and I never will too. But in the end, there is nothing really that extremely difficult to graph I think.
I only adore the pioneer musicians.
I said if I'd meet McCartney or Prince and get a graph from him that would be a religious experience for me. I don't deny that, this was a topic about the value of this Abbey road item. You went along with the jealousy, lack of funds remarks, which are totally wrong for me personally.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service