We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

Views: 105

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Here's one I have for comparison.  Verso has a contemporary notation as being acquired 1966 and it's from a solid collection, for what it's worth.

Hi Eddy, it is good to see you here :-)

Hi Eddy,

Nice to hear from you!

Is that a "yes" or "no"? I see similarities and differences between the two. My example is on a book page - not quite sure why it is written diagonally. No provenance offered for mine so I don't even have a date.

There's a TLS on ebay which appears to have been signed "Charlei" which is very odd, especially as  "Charles Chaplin is typed underneath the signature. Neither of our examples offer a dotted "i" in the first name.

Am puzzled about it - if genuine I would take it.

Thanks both for the greetings!

The more I look at the one you posted at the beginning, the more skeptical I am, Findbooks.  Here's one from 1964 that is more hastily penned (in ballpoint rather than the one I have in fine tip).   

Maybe I'm being a bit cautious, but I'm afraid the one you posted is a somewhat clever attempt to replicate his writing in that period.  Like yourself, I'm seeing differences as well as some similarities.  

I would pass on it Findbooks.  I  dont  like it . Thoroughly approve of your logo Eddy

Thanks, michelle.  That's my "Cushing Sherlock".   He was elusive to find in that character!  Now ... if only I can locate a "George Zucco Moriarty".

Ok, thanks people, will give it a wide berth!

I think that's for the best!

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service