We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Dolly Parton & James Patterson signed book!!

Be quick!!! 

Sure to sell out pretty quick! 

UK buyers, remember 6.8% cash back with topcashback. Also £5 when you spend £30 and £10 when you spend £50 on WHSmith website with code: BEQUICK

https://www.whsmith.co.uk/products/run-rose-run-signed-edition/doll...

Tags: Book, Dolly, James, Parton, Patterson, Signed

Views: 42316

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They are actually making it worse for them if it ever came to that.

Before they could have got away with misleading advertising of a "signed" item (hand-signed is implied but not stated), but now they have confirmed they really meant hand-signed by Dolly. It would only make the case for fraud stronger.

they don’t even respond back to me from what i sent them 

Normally, I would have said you were being hyperbolic, but your concerns are well-justified. I'm dealing with WS on a separate matter to refund a book, so let's keep the pressure up on all sides.

I'd email him directly, daily, if possibe.

The CEO of Waterstones is James Daunt - he also owns Daunt Books which are a chain of bookshops in London - I'm sending him an e mail - enquiries@dauntbooks.co.uk - maybe everybody else should bombard him too! Asking him if he is aware his other company (Waterstones) are selling Fake Autopenned Dolly Parton Books.......

Try to get his personal email. This worked in my example of a stolen image. Had I written the curators I worked with in Washington for the physical exhibit, basically underlings, they would never let the boss know what they did. 

https://www.feelnumb.com/2022/03/09/dolly-parton-fake-autograph-son...

I just wrote this. I believe this gives an accurate description of all our frustrations. If you haven't emailed Chronicle books feel free to include this article as it is very specific.

Hopefully this helps the community. The website gets 50-80 views a month....

Brian

This is awesome, very well done…thank you!!!

The silver Songteller in comparison picture is mine so this is particularly helpful. I’ll be using this if needed with Chronicle (already emailed them.

Been trying to explain to a couple people what’s going on, this perfectly sums it up. Will be forwarding around…

Thank you, great stuff! Thanks for taking the time to explain in an easy to understand way.

If I may give some feedback (well-intended), I'd leave out or change the example where she teased the signed copy. As that example is for a chance to win the American edition of the book. Those may well be truly signed as there are so little of them. The publisher could use that as example to hit back your claim of autopen. The problem is with the UK editions which have a different cover and are published by Penguin UK. You could change the example to the Twitter post advertising the signed edition being available at Waterstones, or a screenshot from their newsletter.

I'll mention it to the owner of the website. He changed a few things in what I sent him. Thanks

This is Stepanut's copy. Look familar?

And yours...

The dots are an indicator but not definitive. However what is definitive is that these autographs are exact copies.

Don't be distracted by the differences but look at how much is the same.

The publisher will point to small differences but those can easily be explained by the nature of an autopen. It's not a printer, but a machine that signs with a pen just like a human would. Her autograph consists of several parts. For example "Love" does not connect to "Dolly". Which means the machine lifts up the pen after completing "Love" and puts it back down for "Dolly". It often leaves a dot at the end, but that can happen with a human signed autograph too.

When the machine places the pen back for "Dolly", it can do so at a slightly different place due to minimal movement of the pen and/or paper. You'll notice in the alignment. "Love" may start at a slightly different spot compared to "Dolly" in different examples of the same autopen graph. But when you look at the separate parts (for example only "Love", of the same variant) and would create an overlay in Photoshop, the letters line up perfectly. Or over 95% perfectly, there's  slight variation due to type of pen used and in some cases at the end where seemingly the paper may have been moved before the autograph was completed.

It's not possible a human can sign an autograph that much the same like that. Especially not multiple times.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service