We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

I just had six, count them six, items removed from eBay on authenticity issues. Including these two which were purchased from upstanding members here. I am not questioning our members but, with all the hoopla about the bay allowing mass forgeries, these removals do not make sense.

Wonder if I hit someone's nerve here? Life goes on but....what the ______ happened?

Views: 684

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Post the others if you'd like. Can you ask eBay?

Won't do any good. They will not give any information beyond their email notice which states,

"After careful consideration, your listing has been removed because it didn?t comply with our policies. We received a report concerning the authenticity of your item.These reports can come from a number of channels, for example law enforcement.This removal was for your safety and the safety of the eBay community, so please do not relist your item.Relisting your item may result in the restriction of your account."

By the way, it was six listings, all at once including one which has a COA issued by one of their approved TPA providers. These same items have been listed on their site for several months at the minimum before this happened.

no one understands (at least to my knowledge) what prompts ebay to remove items.  There certainly does not seem to be any clear cut "rules".   

Somebody has some clout with them. And, for some reason, they decided to target me I guess. None of them would jump out as suspect. I do research my items carefully and seek opinions when I am considering one I think is borderline. Most of my items have been seen here in one way or another with no red flag input.

Just a side note, I've listed a number of items for sale here in the past week. None of those got pulled by eBay. Most of my items are not TPA. The good news, except for the Rolling Stones piece, none of my higher dollar stuff got removed.

Just weird, six items, grouped in one email. Boom! I guess that means the others passed the mustard? And no process to appeal.

I had stopped reporting forgeries to eBay, but recently decided to give it another try. To my surprise, eBay immediately pulled the listing. The seller had several other forgeries for sale, but none of them were removed. I believe they would have pulled more of the seller's items had they looked at them.

Ballroom, I don't know a thing about what you do personally although I have read many of your opinions on various autographs over time and know you are on target. My question is, if you were browsing eBay and spotted a fake, would you first message the seller with your opinion or contact eBay directly?

Second, I would find it a bad policy for eBay to remove an item simply if another user questioned it. Surely, they would have someone on payroll or contract to take a look. And I wrong with that assumption?

Thanks, Joe. It would depend on the seller. If it appears to be an honest mistake, I would message the seller before contacting eBay. If the seller is offering a number of items at too-low prices, I wouldn't bother contacting them and go directly to eBay. I would only report an item if you can provide reasonable proof that it isn't authentic, and can give specific reasoning as to why you believe that to be so. That's what I did with the two items I reported recently. Prior to that, I hadn't reported anything to eBay in quite some time.

ebay doesn't have any one on there pay roll to look at stuff

some of rthe arist have lawyers who scan ebay for copywright infrigment stuff and fakes and tose lawyers with one email can remove a listing as there working on behalf of the artist

That’s incredible, Joe.  I didn’t know ebay even policed autographs anymore.  It’s amazing that you would get six removed when there are literally thousands of real fakes (oxymoron?) for sale on eBay everyday that ebay doesn’t seem to care about and that eventually get sold to unsuspecting buyers.  I called once on a seller (not you) about five years back because he was selling copies as real which I mistakenly bought.  Ebay told me that they do not tolerate forged autographs.  I’m like...yeah right.  There are sellers on eBay with literally thousands of fakes that ebay does nothing about.

The common thread of the removed pieces is that they were all music related. None of my vintage and current Hollywood. All of the higher dollar ones were not removed except for the Stones. The others were minor pieces. All my other good music including the Pages, Madonnas, Gilmour, and Paul McCartney remain.

I welcome those here to take a look at two I have uploaded for this discussion and make me a case that either one is a fake. Would like to see the possible reasoning.

The other four were 2 Dolly Parton items, Rod Stewart, and a Carly Simon. One of the Parton had an approved TPA and they left three other Partons alone.

I am not bashing eBay, I believe they have full right to pull suspected items. Just not sure why I and these items which have been listed for awhile got pulled. Actually, only one item was even being watched.

I'm not angry, just bewildered.

The only one I can comment on is the Jagger that got pulled.  I’m no expert on Jagger, but I think it’s likely authentic.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service