We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

hey guys,

here is another John Lennon's autograph. the owner claims that he met Lennon in NYC in 1976. i'm very curious... what are the chances that this is true???

thank you!
Tom

Tags: autograph, beatles, john, lennon, signature

Views: 2864

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Woody,

ok, I understand your position. thanks again! however, I don't agree with the position about "first instinct", because this "law of the first instinct" has been broken many times.

True or not, it doesn't help the graph in any way, and it does have a jumbled look. Much is there, but in odd arrangements. 

you make good points Woody.  I find Lennon signatures of the 70's extremely challenging.  I would never say Im 100% certain on this one, but I certainly would not rule it out.  

Getting back to basics I cannot always make out the letters John is trying to write. The letter that looks like a capital "L" actually seems to be an "h" in some signatures, with the first letter of Lennon wirtten in lower case. In others there apears to be both an "h" and an "L".

In my view, the late 70s Lennons seem so inconsistent that they probably have to be filed under the "too difficult" or "blind faith" pile, unless there is some additional evidence to support them. 

If this were music I'd call it a mashup. Too odd. That is just my opinion. 

Tommy,

The comparisons you posted were good choices. I like the RR one the most, followed by tha PSA/DNA one, with the one you're considering close behind.

I go back-and-forth on the one you're considering. It doesn't exactly feel to me like it was signed by Lennon, but I can't rule it out. This is one for the Big 3 to opine on: Caiazzo, Tracks or Roger.

Caiazzo won't like anything about it. The entire vibe will be off to him. I don't know Tracks. Roger might pass it, 60/40 odds there, just my intuition.

Ouch.

It'll only take Caiazzo an over the shoulder, fleeting glimpse from across the room to elicit a chuckle from him on this dodo. :)  He's that good. And certainly no dig at Roger, who is an amazing authentication heavyweight and one of the best.

In my opinion it's written by the same forger of so many 1975 fakes "written" at the WFiL Marathon in N.Y. If all autographs would be genuine on market, Lennon knew before that he has to write so many autographs that day, he prepared approx. 5 different pens in his jacket pockets. The blue in the left pocket and the different red pens in the right pocket. Maybe that Yoko had some black pens in her bra and these "autographs" appear in the next 5 years or later when people don't remember that Johnnyboy used only one pen - his own in red and only one red color.

Do you have known forgeries that have similar characteristics that you can post?

"WFIL Marathon in N.Y." ?

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service