We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

John lennons butcher cover lp signed by 3 of the beatles on the block

Views: 664

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I agree, Steve.

Juliens is the only auction house I dont deal with.  There impossible to deal with. my guess is the consignor got a 10 or 15 % fee because it's over 100k and usually when something sells for over 100k  the buyers fees is less  notsure how juliens work 

The buyers premium is reduced 5% for the amount exceeding $200,000. I have already established that buyers premiums are included in the winning bid quoted.

Just how rare is this piece?  I’m assuming very, but honestly I don’t know.

Theres only one

Thanks for the info.  That would explain a lot!  This might resell again for even more eventually.

It's like rare and stuff , butcher cover records can sell for thousands and this was Johns own copy.

I just now read the description (I’m a little slow on the uptake).  Fascinating.  That would be such an awesome thing to own being that it is the only one AND it used to display in John’s apartment!!  If I won a $100 million lottery that is something I would try to acquire.  Instead of splurging $200,000 on a rich car, I’d be more willing to spend that much on something like that.

I don't think I'd pay close to a quarter of a million dollars for this.

I agree that it would be nice to have a/the rare Butcher cover that actually hung on Lennon's wall (whether that can be proved or not I don't know) and that has a great Lennon drawing and autograph with personal inscription, but does that justify an outlay of a quarter of a million? I would think the original Heritage price would be more reasonable.

The other signatures don't really add much value in my view, especially as there is no George. In fact, you could even argue that the other signatures actually detract from the piece as an "historical object", being signed later and having no connection to the unique history of the piece.

I am generally a bit sceptical about the huge premiums paid for what things are signed on unless there is some real historical significance to the signed item (key contract etc.) but that's a whole new topic in itself. 

I believe this piece will make money again. Monster history and cache.

They seem to make more of the fact that it was a Butcher cover than the fact that it was autographed and had a large Lennon drawing.

This may well turn out to be a good investment but if it does get up to $500,000 within the next 5 years it would surprise me. With buyer's premiums and seller's premiums flying about it is not easy to make profits buying and selling in the short term.

There are probably less than a handful of potential buyers for an item as unique and expensive as this and the seller would just have to hope that at least two of them would have the spare funds and want it really badly when it came up for auction.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service