We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Let's reserve this thread for any non-musician signed books and other items, at least until a dedicated forum exits for those posts.

Views: 455737

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Yeah, I was worried about Autopen too if they sell too many, but I always worry about that lol. he is 89 years old though

I'd be surprised if that happens -- his signature is sparse enough as it is, and this could very well be a final "hoorah", especially if the suggestion that the book's been in the works for four decades (it's been referenced in early books documenting his work) are true. I would have considered it even at $100 USD.

I've also heard claims that both books will be signed, though I have no idea how true that may be.

Yeah, I'm even more worried now that I see B&N doesn't even have it set with a maximum limit of 5 like they usually do. it let me add 10 to the cart. hopefully, they just forgot to set the limit because I know at 89 he can't be signing Taylor Swift kind of numbers lol 

I'm a lot more worried about Indigo cancelling than BN...

Did you order Indigo or Barnes Noble, Kenny?

I ordered one from Indigo initially but I never got an order confirmation email even though the Paypal receipt showed up, but ordered one from B&N too just in case. just not feeling really good about these since I've seen it stated on here that he really doesn't like to sign much and these have been on sale way too long on both Amazon & Indigo. 

I received both the Paypal and order confirmation. We'll see -- it's one pair of dice I'm okay with rolling. I saw the listing a few minutes after it went online (I was looking for Bono updates), around 8:45 AM EST, and ordered about five minutes after I posted it here. The confirmation came in at 9:06 AM EST.

yes, I'm going to write them to see why I didn't get an email confirmation but wasn't taking any chances and got one from B&N as well just in case. and yes had to roll the dice on this one.

What I read on the Euro edition was 1 book is signed in the set.  That one had a nicer slipcase and was 150 UK pounds. This one is $56 USD.  I'd be surprised if it was both.

Portobello's listing definitely said both books were signed. But as you said that was a much more expensive set.

Waterstones actually says "A deluxe, signed and numbered Limited Edition Slipcase". But the pics for Porto and Waterstones looked like the same edition so who knows.

Someone on Cormac's reddit page said that their local bookstore was going to get 1 copy and thought it was limited to 500. But don't quote me on that.

You mean the 150 GBP Deluxe set? I saw one site who had it up as sold-out, but later pulled the page. I think they jumped the gun and posted this early, I expect we'll see this later.

On the page I saw mentioned a slipcase of clothbound books, signed and numbered. It did not state an edition number though, where did you see that?

Portobello's page had a lot of details and nice pics, but they did take it down. I don;t recall if it had the edition size. Waterstone's is still up, but doesn't say much.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service