We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Let's reserve this thread for any non-musician signed books and other items, at least until a dedicated forum exits for those posts.

Views: 454958

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

B&N sold out... Amazon and Indigo will likely oversell and then cancel a ton of orders per usual.

Amazon will let you pre order 30 of these :(

Yes, they're going to oversell like crazy (unless these are autopenned).

Last year with the Obama / Springsteen book Amazon cut orders down to 1 before they started to ship.

And strangely enough later started offering them at very discounted prices.

That might happen with these...I can't imagine Cormac signing thousands of copies of this box set for Amazon LOL

Logic plays a part indeed!

Meanwhile I am to believe others signed 100,000. Really.

I need 2 of these.  1 for me and one for a gift for a really great person who helped me with some big life things.  But it's a must-have.  So I now have orders in at Indigo, B&N, BAM, and Amazon.  I hope out of all of that I get 2.  Although if it's like the Obama: A Promised Land-they'll all cancel.  If it's like Renegades- I will have a stack of them. But I had to hedge my bets.

It will be interesting to see what happens. I think the listings have a bunch of misinformation, because the listings that still show pictures are identifying the "signed" set as the standard two-book hardcover boxset that will be released in November, but this is supposed to be shipped/out for street date in December. If that's true, that means there would be two separate signed editions:

- $150 signed/numbered LE with custom endpapers/design/clamshell box, as seen in the cached link

- $50 signed/cased boxset that's functionally the same as the regular release

I just can't see the publisher doing that, particularly given McCarthy's age, his reluctance to sign and his general reluctance to get involved with variant editions. He didn't sign any of the Suntup Press LE releases (that I'm aware of), and I can't see the publisher going to extra effort to get him to sign stuff for multiple separate releases. 

Either way, I'm happy if I get the one I bought. This is proving to be a very expensive season -- I haven't even bought the Atwood Handmaid 25th ann. Indigo version yet, and I might still try to go for Bono if the listing crops up early enough.

The £150.00 is a Euro release for Pan McMillan.  The $56 one is a North American release under Knopf Doubleday.  So they are 2 different publishers that have the rights to produce his book in 2 different markets. So I'd still rate it as possible.  

And what would be the odds of Amazon, BAM, B&N, and Indigo in North America all having the wrong info? Or Hatchard's, Waterstones, Blackwell's, Portabello, BookaBook, and others all having the wrong info in the European market?   

I got one order in from Indigo and another from Amazon. Fingers crossed I guess.

I think Barnes & Noble and Bam might be Ok.  Since both have this set removed from their site for ordering.  I'd expect if you have Amazon or Indigo and weren't early you may be staring down the barrel of a cancellation.

I could not do this stuff - I'd get an ulcer. And it's not worth it. Several posts yesterday and today are just complaints about the poor quality. With names like "suckerpunch" and the other names that seem directed to the consumer I just don't get it and that is OK with me. Look at this junk:

Keep clicking - it gets worse:

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service