We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Which of these would you rather have in your collection? The second set is from an upcoming Simon Parr auction. 

Tags: Beatles, Parr, Simon

Views: 5285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

now what do you know?  I have a strange sense of deja vu. First the beatles and now Marilyn Monore. The first one is the original one and the second one I am posting is the one that looks as if it was copied and was being flogged by Mr Parr's auction house.   And even the same yellow autograph paper! 

Hi Michelle, the one we had below came with a PSA/DNA coa. That means it was given to PSA/DNA to look at. It was in their hands and it passed their test. It didn't sell as they wanted too much money, as is the case many times. So I'm pretty sure anyone on this site will say the second autograph is genuine and would pass any certification. We no longer have it as it didn't hit reserve and may be in another auction house in the world one day. And then you can attack that auction house even though they have the PSA/DNA cert with it.  So this is where you are completly wrong. Did the top one have a PSA/DNA. Why would someone spoil the autograph and write Marilyn Monroe on the bottom. Anyway you are wrong yet again.

Look at the paper it is also a different colour. I'd love you to pass this through PSA/DNA as it would pass, and you know it would. However the consigner didn't sell it, as he wanted too much. Like everything in life. Greed.

Can someone please  post the telephone number to Scotland Yard ??

Marilyn had a psa/dna. Go and send the picture to them and it will come back as genuine.

they were buzy

Michelle,

From the image you posted, the one at the bottom appears to be a poorly cropped image of the one above it. It's missing the bottom of the "M" of Marilyn, and the spacing from "To" to the left edge is not as wide as the space from "To" to the perforations. Plus the spots on the paper match up, even though they may be lighter on one or the other image. The color of the paper is simply the scan settings.

I will try and clarify it a bit better but I don't write as well as ballroom and some of the others.  The first example I posted up is the  genuine M Monroe autograph which I  have actually physically seen and which has really top provenance.  The second Monroe autograph that I posted up is the one that Simon Parr auctions was selling & it appears  in my view that someone has used this  first genuine Monroe autograph as an example to copy.

Note to ballroom- how do you explain everything so clearly as you do?

That is quite likely as it PSA/DNA as well. The item was taken out of auction as the person wanted too much for it, and decided to change their reserve. 

Upcoming SImon Parr Auction with signed BEATLES, QUEEN, and LED ZEP items with no COA or provenance listed. Where do these come from and how / where were they signed? 

The Beatles Fan Club card isn't signed by the Beatles. The signatures are in the hand of their road manager Neil Aspinall. 

+1

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service