We are an eBay affiliate and may be compensated for clicks on links that result in purchases.

How about an ongoing thread to highlight the new additions to your collection?

Whether it's a through-the-mail freebie or a big buck acquisition... it's all good. Show us what you got!

Views: 238110

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"Add Mays while you can!" I cringe when I hear things like that.

There's a stand-up routine called "Autograph Collector Magazine"...I forget who the comedian is. He attributes this headline to us: "John Ritter's Death Reminds Us: Get that Autograph NOW!"

I couldn't find that we ever used it, but I'm sure if we thought of it we would have.

I don't know why that would make you cringe. Mays is on the autograph circuit and sells his autograph. It won't last forever for one reason or another. So my advice is to take advantage of him signing while he is. Nothing opportunistic about it. It's not like I was encouraging CEE GEE to bust into a nursing home and jam a pen in his hand. LOL

Is it just me, or is Mays charging about 3 times what he's actually worth?

LOL...you guys are funny...if I have the money where there is a will there is a way and owning this photo I have to get him added to it no matter how much...its like Hank Aaron...his price goes up monthly...and these guys are legends...if Ted Williams or Jackie Robinson was still around I bet there prices would be even higher...will see...I would like to see him in person though...

Yep, it's worth what you're willing to pay.  In your case, it might go a long way in making your collectible even cooler. 

Looks like he might really be charging closer to $200.  Mounted Memories always inflates their prices miserably.

You really don't want to meet Mays. LOL Never heard a positive word about an in-person experience. He's grumpy to put it mildly. And there is the risk he would sign right over Mantle just to be spiteful.

Wow really?  I loved Willie Mays am sad to hear he is like that.  I heard Mickey Rooney is like that also.

I have never seen a positive story about a Mays in-person experience. He will intentionally sign in a different color, won't place the sig where you ask him to and will sign over other names intentionally. And he'll do all of this without even looking up at you or acknowledging you. Horrible, nasty man.

Some speculate that he has been angry for a long time because he felt that Mantle and Snider got more attention than him and he was better than both of them. Only Mays really knows...

Nooooooooo another childhood hero image gone.  Please do not tell me anything negative about Captain Kangaroo...LOL.  It does makes you wonder though who these guys think they are.  They have fans willing to meet them and have a positive experience (and are paying for that) then they treat them like dirt.  It is obvious they are only in it for the money. 

I know...it just sounds too much like his days are numbered.

Given what Mays seems to be charging these days, it almost might not be worth it.

I know bro...I got to get him now...he signs TTM's but I would hate to send this out with a payment and it getting lost...I would like to get him in person or send it to a show where he is signing...I have not seen him doing public signings in a while...will see...fingers crossed...

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service