We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Barrett Jackson Auto Show HUGE AMOUNT of FORGERIES!!!!! BEWARE!!!!

I was at the Barrett Jackson today and there were two large walk through displays where they put up framed items on portable wire walls. Every item that I saw was FAKE! Of course, everything had the overdone matting and framing. Most had Global Authentication.

Items such as signed guitars, drum heads, large photo's, jerseys, record albums, huge posters cast signed by all members of Star Wars, etc. Imagine every high end signature all in one place! Jimi Hendrix signed album including his band, McCartney, full Beatles signed items, Jordan, Brando, Koufax, Harrison Ford, Pacino. The list goes on and on. I confronted one guy who was acting as if he was in charge and he walked away from me without saying anything. I made sure to say it loud enough for others to hear me.

If you go to the Barrett Jackson, please don't be fooled into buying anything. Look and laugh, but don't buy!

Views: 4223

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

PSA, JSA, Roger Epperson, Phil Sears, Frank Caiazzo, and there are others that would be a great start in using as authenticators. If I was going to invest heavily on big ticket items for resale I would pay out for these certificates. Before I invested a dime on fancy matting and frame work. Even with private signings, at the prices being charged deserves to have a representative present for paper documentation.

Like it or not, to protect one's investment, the public should demand the highest possible protection. And perception trumps reality.

I wish Pete would start authentication as well. I know I would use his service!

For instance, I recently purchased a Paul McCartney signature which was discussed here with various opinions on it's authenticity. Ebay even pulled it! Now, it looks to be authentic and it's on it's way to Roger Epperson. Of course, I now am looking at the possibility on then sending to JSA for another authentication. Then, to PSA/DNA just to cover every base possible. That comes up to $300 and several months. What's a guy to do?

Kind of off track here but seems to be the way things are going. Authenticity is king or should be.

Millionaire Gallery,

Is this the same The Force Awakens poster being discussed here? It was on your Facebook page:

Here's a close-up of the actual poster. Click to enlarge:

Oh it's one of a kind alright.

I'd even give the 8x10 photo the benefit of the doubt (but I really shouldn't), but the poster at top is 100% Fake.....and I don't care if Harrison Ford himself or the ghost of Uncle Walt presented it to the Millionaire man.

I'm still waiting for him to message me the name of his Disney contact.  If I don't hear from him I'll start my own inquiry. The Disney guys are always excited when I tell them someone is using their name to sell forgeries. Turns out they don't like that very much.

Has MG removed some of his comments?

One reply from four hours ago is missing, but it was probably deleted within the allowed time period.

I think a few are missing.

I also believe anyone can delete their own comments at any time, they just cannot delete a discussion they created if it was replied to (I think I have that right ?)

We had a person last yr that came in as two different people (same IP), he deleted everything he posted after he was busted lying... thankfully members had screen captured posts prior to removal. 

Thanks, Wascher. Who was that?

Sports Connextion in Tennessee, a guy named Tom Polacco.  Chris might remember this: "hey guys I'm not him but...... guys, no joke but....  guys, this is crazy!!!". lol  His 2nd profile was a buyer who didn't know him AT ALL (same IP) and was on a vacation fishing in California. 

He was just one of those people you don't forget easy. lol

... I'm mistaken it was 2013 we talked to good ole Tom.  Time flies I guess... wow.

Wascher is correct; a few are missing.  The comments are related to my questions about MG's sports autographs.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service