Views: 25051

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks for the additional info/insight…although only a couple to go on so far, I was also thinking it seems the autopens were likely placed more in the darker middle area. What a mess…

That’s very interesting. I am actually surprised the “cheaper” thinner paper ones appear to be authentic while the better quality thicker paper ones are autopen. 

I was just looking at the photo they included in the original sale and it appears he’s “signing” them near the bottom (which are where the autopen varieties are “signed”)

https://shop.bonjovi.com/cdn/shop/files/JBJSigning.png?v=1714602603

They are all signed at the top?

These are signed at the top like the real ones - the cards are upside down from Jon's perspective. Usually there's a team around the artist handling the signed cards and stacking them.

looks like he's signing them in the lighter area near the top to me...?

What I have been told:

It kinda looks like an auto pen with the pen pressure.

Agree. It shows the characteristics of an autopen.

Good to alert people buying these that they are autopen. A while back Bob Dylan and Dolly Parton did a similar thing with their signed books. Turned out to be autopen. Some were manipulated to try to disguise it. The saddest thing was the Dylans were $500 so they charged a hefty premium for an autopen signature. At least the Partons were like $35-$50 so not too much extra for the “signed” version but still wrong in my opinion to advertise as signed/autographed when it’s autopen.

I concur that the one posted above appears to be autopen.

Bob Dylan’s were like that too. At first some thought some might be authentic but they turned out to be tweaked to appear different. Very sad.

I am very disappointed this trend is continuing with Bon Jovi. Anyone who bought these DEFINITELY return them and complain but be specific. It was quite the fight for those that got scammed with Parton and Dylan.

I am sure there are more examples where they SOLD autopen autographs to collectors (instead of ttm freebies or full disclosure they are autopen/fake). I believe Michelle Obama might be added to this list but her supposed autopen has no real matches to confirm 100% but I have been suspicious since learning none of the major third parties will authenticate them (but they did with Barack Obama and other First Ladies/Presidents). If these are autopen I am out $200.

That looks like an autopen, just seeing that 'dot' at the end of the signature formation.

I have no doubt that most of the artists that post these signed CD's, etc., are signing a pre determined amount. Say they agree to show up and sign 1-2k of them. Once their assistant(s) or merch team sees that they sold out in an hour, suddenly they realize they can sell another 5k albums if they, somehow, can get more. They can't, so they hope no one notices that they're secretarial, auto penned or stamped. It just shows that they don't give a crap about fans and will do anything to make a few extra bucks or sell some albums to pad their numbers.

My Amazon Art Card vs my in store Rough Trade signed poster.

The Amazon art card looks consistent and I have no reason to believe this is autopen.

He appears to hook his “B” to the left.

Can anyone post the ones they believe are real ones? That would be very helpful.

I think the above two examples that were just posted are authentic.

I don’t have any recent IN PERSON examples to share but perhaps someone here has some they know of from the recent signing? 

From eBay, seller says it is from the Nashvile signing (album is signed by full band):

No hook on the “B” here.

RSS

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service