We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

How to buy autographs on eBay; Tips to avoid fakes on eBay

My latest Collectibles Chat video is "How to buy autographs on eBay." While it has something for everyone, it is most valuable to newer collectors by providing tips to avoid fakes.

Please subscribe to my channel. :-)

For more information on astronaut, cosmonaut and aviation autograph authentication: https://ZarelliSpaceAuthentication.com

Join me on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/ZarelliSpaceAuthentication/

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/zarellispaceauthentication/

Twitter: https://twitter.com/SteveZarelli

Views: 3444

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Very interesting. I also took a look at his video about autopens. VERY good to know autopens can vary and not look 100% the same. Really makes me wonder if the Hillary Rodham Clinton signed Living History books were autopen.

Hillary Clinton signature from book.

I was well aware of the earlier autopen book he showed in his video but this one made me curious when I found a few others with similar looking signatures but they varied in a few spots.

See Gregg Allman and Robbie Krieger autographed books forums here. Even buying from “the source” can be secretarial or, in these 2 cases, auto pen.

Presenter declares that we - hapless amateurs that we are - could never educate ourselves about autographs by looking on the internet for comparables which are obviously all fakes. We should defer to and consult “experts” who obviously have collected so many 100% authentic in person by them only, so many different autograph examples of every famous person that they themselves collected in person, that they are indeed experts. Or maybe they found their comparables in some secret magic corner of the internet where only authentic examples exist. “Experts” look at available comparables which, unless that expert collected in person, that expert cannot know if it’s authentic any more than any of us can. What a bunch of hooey.

I will say that for someone who has as much experience as you claim to, your take on the hobby is somewhat puzzling. You invested quite a bit into something you seem to have profound cynicism -if not outright contempt - toward.

I agree with you, what you've written today is a bunch of hooey. 

Crabby, I translate what you just posted to mean that no one, other than yourself, can learn autographs

With all his decades of experience I don't see how  he hasn't gained a host of skill sets like everyone else. With his thinking it is literally impossible to buy a genuine Lugosi. That is sad. I can't see someone faking my 1953 Glen or Glenda 35mm motion picture and negatives in the original tins and owned by Ed Wood's Producer George Weiss. Or the SP, with its kown track record of having hung in a NYC restaurant for decades.

Steve just booted him.

Vulgar language, condescending tone and slurs (really?!!) aside, most of what he wrote was garbage. First and foremost, it should be noted that his experience in the hobby is based entirely on what he said. In the context of what else he wrote, I’d say his claims are equally trash.

That being said, even if he was a long time collector instead of a troll, his assertions were way off for obvious reasons.

I have edited out out friends profane comments. I expect he will be edited out as well. And soon.

Crabby has left the building due to flagrant violations of board policy: racist and obscene remarks. He also emailed the moderators spewing obscenities about a certain professional authenticator (not me). 

It is such a dead giveaway when someone new comes on and instantly starts being belligerent.  It’s like they are trying to get booted, how sad!

And for the record, I would put Eric up against anyone when it comes to Gleason!

Thank you Steve! 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service