We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Marilyn Monroe signed flamingo hotel menu Las Vegas real ? fake ?

Does anybody think this Marilyn signature looks real?
The menus from the mid 1950's
It's certified by GFA and AAU
it's being sold by antiquities of California for
850.00 sounds like a good price but i am hesitant.

Tags: Marilyn, Monroe, menu, signed

Views: 3757

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Didn't buy it yet

I don't think Chris bought it - I hope not. Chris - have you read the signature studies at UACC and RR? What did you make of those exemplars and the signature on this menu?

GFA, AAU and Antiquities is basically the forgery industry hat trick. I wouldn't give that autograph or anything from any one of those three sources a second thought.

So stating the seller and the certifiers pretty much determined straight off that bat that this piece has no
Merit even if there's a possibility of it being genuine
Thank you

Not what I said at all in my last post. 

"The larger names, and this is among them, require much careful study and often the opinions of several experts to avoid trouble. I don't suggest buying without those measures, and certainly not based on any certificate alone."

I said NOT to rely on any certificate. That works both ways to me. This signature has problems, that is first. In this case the autograph is a "dream item" at absurd price, signature is very problematic, the source troublesome at best and the authenticators not worth discussing in my opinion. If you think you can buy an authentic strong Monroe on that sort of item with those certificates from that seller for that price, there is...little one can say. 

It's a forgery. Even if it was authentic which it isn't those three connections kill the value of it. Only new or unsuspecting collectors would consider that. If it were real it would have been sent to PSA and quadrupled the resale value.

Sounds like you need a lot of convincing. It's your money. Your right to piss it away if you want to.

+1

Chris,

It doesn't look real to me either. It has a very basic similarity to her autograph, but in my opinion it's not her handwriting.

Chris, what would you think if I tried to sell you a 1918 $5000 bill, still valued at $5000 today, for $750? What your response be?

I have a deed for the
San frasisco bridge how about a trade

So, why is this menu any different? Bear in mind, you were first to question this signature, and you were the first to highlight a real problem with a scan.

I was just trying to get a simple answer of
yes it's authentic or
Nope sorry
That's all
Pretty simple

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service