We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

Ebay terminated my auction, stating my COA wasn't an approved source!!!!

My Epperson COA item was removed twice in two days.  After calling twice the Ebay gentlemen told me that Epperson is not an approved Ebay authenticator and all items with his COA are in the process of being removed.  Say what?! Those are the only ones I buy these days.  Anybody know what's going on?

Views: 3308

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Once an item has been removed on eBay it's nearly impossible to relist it again and not get it pulled. As long as Roger's COA is not banned then that is NOT the problem. Here is a suggestion. There are many members here, including myself, that have great confidence in Roger's opinion and his COA carries weight in the hobby. Why not list the item here in the free buy, sell, and trade section. Get your money back or make a few bucks. Save the fees and rid yourself of this headache.

Please read the below.  This happened to me a few years ago.

https://live.autographmagazine.com/profiles/blogs/ebay-removed-my-d...

Good read

and the fact you make mention of your battles w/ forgerers makes a lot of sense that could be the reason it was removed

"rats in the shadows"

Thank you, Goodcat.

In my case, it was harassment pure and simple. 

FYI to everyone.

Ebay accepts JSA as one of it's approved authentication sources. And guess who does the authentication for JSA's music, Roger.

So when you point this out to Ebay, they will accept his COA. I have with no problem.

Honestly, if you want to be able to sell this removed item on ebay ever again, you will need one of the approved TPA stickers. Period. Ebay is a large corporation and does not care if Roger is one of JSA's authenticators. Like it or not, your item got targeted and nothing except meeting their demands will change that. I know this from experience.

Update....fourth conversation...7th or 8th person....now I am being told Ebay doesn't believe the item is real and because Roger is not on their list of approved authenticators, his COA will not help.  I asked what's the difference between my item and the other three Bowie autographs with Roger's COA currently on Ebay, and of course that confused them.  After talking to a supervisor, I was told pretty much the same thing, "Ebay's experts do not think it's real, and Roger Epperson's COA is not valid proof because he is not one of their approved authenticators."  I am mentally exhausted, but will not be taking EBay's authentication services over Rogers on this one. 

Interested to hear who their "authenticators" are...Such a joke. Especially with all of the fake items on ebay with PSA and JSA (especially from certain power sellers) not to mention those with no coas at all. 

I think people can read what they want into this. 

Yeah i posted that the other day. That would lead me to believe someone did a PSA quick opinion and they took it down based on that? I find it hard to believe PSA is doing that on their own without someone pointing fingers. 

In the past, when an item failed a PSA QO, it was automatically removed. It is my understanding that has not been the case for some time.

To add, as far as I can see, Ebay no longer enforces its own Banned COA List.

Ebay is flooded with double-standards and they do what they want.

This is why they "allow" the listing and selling of forgeries.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service