We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

There is a lot of discussion on Mantle, Williams and DiMaggio, but I think Roger Maris deserves a discussion as well. Maris is actually much less common than the three aforementioned signatures, much pricier and just as forged.

Let's see some real and fakes to help train the eye!

Tags: Maris, Roger

Views: 3967

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love that one, Cee Gee.

Here's a PSA/DNA Maris as part of an '83 All Star Game Old Timers celebration in Chicago that year.

Should have did it this way, sorry guys

Here is my one and only Maris auto I have on an index card...I have had this since the late 90's...I never had it looked at...nor is it authenticated...I have always felt it was authentic with out a doubt because of the speed and formation and pen style...probably an original TTM request...always loved it...but if it was to be bad I will make a air plane out of it quick fast and throw it off the empire state...

no worries CEE, its 100% authentic. very very nice!

Hey Zipper, great discussion.  Maris has been one of my studies for a very long time. here are two from my personal collection. the first is a 1961 team ball, and the second was sent to him in the mail to his Gainsville Florida Busch Distributorship around 1980.

Another awesome example of an authentic Maris provided by my good pal Terrier....just an awesome piece...

CEE that was a TTM I received in the early 80's.  He was a generous signer after his playing days.

here is a Maris forgery. I am not questioning that is was signed in 1962, it just wasn't signed by Roger.

this one is a beauty. nice clean Joe Cronin ball, with a true, vintage early 60's Maris signature.  Perfect!

Here is a JSA authenticated exemplar from my collection. I think we can safely put this in the "real" category.

what a beautiful card and signature, Zipper.  I used to have this one, along with many other signed Maris cards (including my favorite 1961 Topps) but I had to sell most of them years ago. its nice to see one of these again.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service