We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

’Stories of Surrender: The Book Tour’

To celebrate November's publication of Bono’s memoir ‘SURRENDER: 40 Songs, One Story,’ Live Nation and Penguin Random House are producing a limited run of theatre dates in 14 cities in North America and Europe.

Tickets go on sale on Friday October 7th (10am local times).

A limited number of tickets have been set aside for existing existing U2.com subscribers which will be available on a first-come, first-served basis from Thursday October 6th (10 am local times).

Please Note: U2.com subscriptions purchased after Monday 3 October 9am ET / 2pm UK / 3pm Europe do not offer entry into the presale for the Songs of Surrender Book Tour. Entry into the presale does not guarantee tickets.)

Presale (Thursday October 6th) and General Sale (Friday October 7th)Timings
New York, Boston & Toronto – 10am EDT = 3pm BST (7am PDT)
Chicago & Nashville – 10am CDT = 4pm BST (11am EDT & 8am PDT)
San Francisco & Los Angeles – 10am PDT = 6pm BST (1pm EDT)
Berlin, Paris & Madrid / 10am local = 9am BST / 4am EDT & 1am PDT
London, Glasgow, Manchester & Dublin – 10am BST / 5am EDT & 2pm PDT

DATE
ONSALE
WEDNOV 22022
New York City, NY
Beacon Theatre
FRINOV 42022
Boston, MA
Orpheum Theatre
SUNNOV 62022
Toronto, ON CA
Meridian Hall
TUENOV 82022
Chicago, IL
The Chicago Theatre
WEDNOV 92022
Nashville, TN
Ryman Auditorium
SATNOV 122022
San Francisco, CA
Orpheum Theatre
SUNNOV 132022
Los Angeles, CA
Orpheum Theatre
WEDNOV 162022
London, LND GB
The London Palladium
THUNOV 172022
Glasgow, SCT GB
SEC Armadillo
SATNOV 192022
Manchester, MAN GB
O2 Apollo
MONNOV 212022
Dublin, D IE
3Olympia Theatre
WEDNOV 232022
Berlin, BE DE
Admiralspalast
FRINOV 252022
Paris, 75 FR
Le Grand Rex
MONNOV 282022
Madrid, M ES
Teatro Coliseum

Views: 3398

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lol good lord…nice article. I remember you mentioning this under another thread a while back but didn’t realize the extent and that it was actually in the news.

I’m glad you got your photo and sig before the situation devolved into all that…hopefully you didn’t set him off lol!

I’m sure that was pretty uncomfortable for everyone, not knowing if he was kidding then realizing he wasn’t…

I actually like to think that I was the cause of setting him off.. The 1st person he meets isn't some cute groupie.. its a 6'6" guy who is quiet because I had no idea how to read the situation at 1st after his sigh before walking over.. I think we might have intimidated each other but nah.. I'm sure it was something else.. Its slightly possible though lol.. 

Oh man.. If Elton snubbed me like that, id be heartbroken. I was able to see him in Vegas back in 2013 but not close seats. I think the tickets were around $30 each back then for last minute seats. His farewell show was consistently $300 a ticket at the lowest price from what I saw.. For that money, he really should have given you an autograph for sure.. but it just doesn't work that way

Lol right…yeah, it kind of stung a little because he could have easily signed and 100% saw me asking but no…totally get it though. And probably not best idea to try for the book but it was right after book release and I was really wanting a signed copy. 

Saw him around 10 years ago too, when he used to go down the line on front row and sign but I was too far back that time. Heard they weren’t the best sigs anyway. 

Yes, let’s just say an autograph would have been a nice trade off on the exorbitant ticket cost lol

For Will Smith and now Bono to promote a book tour but not sign any books along the way just seems ridiculous. If I pay for a book tour, I want a signed book.. I didn't pay for a concert... seems like a marketing trick

The Bono tour is too big for its own good.  It would be a massive commitment for him to sign approximately 3,000 books every two days.  He’s no Taylor Swift.  If he had signed even one book from the stage then a lot of folk would leave disappointed that he didn’t sign for everyone.  That’s bad publicity.  Better that he signs for no one, rather than just a handful.

You are right.. but don't call it a book tour.. i feel like at least half of all ticket holders were hopeful the book would be signed

The reports I’ve read have been overwhelmingly positive, with very few people even mentioning the possibility of a signed book.  But I haven’t attended any of the shows in person, so I can’t speak to the feeling in the room.

I have a couple of friends who will be attending the London show next week, including one who has front row seats.  One of them asked me about the possibility of the books being signed.  My understanding is that, in the U.K., the books are being mailed out in advance of the shows, and they are not signed copies.

I like the idea of Bono doing pop-up signings at local bookstores, but it seems that even that concession has ceased after the first few days of the tour.

That is good that reviews have been positive. I'm probably only considering the autograph collecting community's expectations.. you are right that regular book collectors would not think of autographs 1st on a book tour.. My estimate of half is probably falsely exaggerated. For me personally, when Will Smith announced his book tour, I automatically assumed books handed out would be signed and was disappointed to learn they were not. but that's just my own opinion. 

It would have been smart of him to sign a small handful and hold them behind a "premium" meet-and-greet tier, the same way the Clintons do it. Charge $2,500 for a signed book and photo and have all your ticketholders funnelled through (30-seconds-to-a-minute each), getting a pre-signed book while heading out. Easy peasy.

Again, I keep going back to the point that COVID put everyone, celebrities and artists alike, on ice for nearly two years. You would think that a lot of these celebrities would be pre-signing stuff for use, particularly in the case of this book, which was (presumably) being written during the lockdown period. (He did, sort of, but the rollout was botched IMO.)

Disagree it was always clear that’s what this was and it’s much more of a show than a typical book event. 

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service