We're an eBay affiliate and may be compensated on purchases made through clicks. 

This card was just pulled out of the 2016 Topps Heritage baseball card product. It's guaranteed by Topps, but just wanted to get some more opinions before I made a move for it. Thanks as always guys!

Views: 1584

Attachments: No photo uploads here

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Steve... don't want to disclose exactly, as I'm still a bit in sticker shock myself... but I can say it's in between 1000-1500. Priced out PSA/DNA slabbed cuts, and did some cursory research here, so I can say there is a couple hundred dollar premium over the basic cuts, but it's considered one of the premiere hits in the product and it's the perfect meeting of my love for baseball cards, autographs, and the Beatles, so I'm still pretty happy. Will have it in hand tomorrow, and I'll upload some higher-res pix. Also planning to have it slabbed by Beckett Grading Services for protection as it's one of the highest valued cards in my collection.

Hi Jason,

Thanks for filling me in. I think it's worth a couple hundred dollars premium, since people collect the sets. I'm looking forward to seeing your images!

I think the autograph is good, a bit 'futzed' but good.
The card is from the recently released 2016 Topps Herritage baseball. The set design is based off of the original 1967 Topps. I don't think Topps intended to imply the autograph was signed 1967. I think Topps is including some additional non-sport memorabilia which fall into the same cultural time frame. I wouldn't be surprised to see some additional late 60s themed items, such as astronaut autographs, pop up for sale as more of the product is opened.
Thanks, TG.

Yep... as I mentioned Topps as a company usually doesn't put more thought into their Heritage cuts other than to capture the pop culture vibe of the year they're commemorating. A 1967 example would have be perfect, but seeing how it's Beatles-era, I suppose that's all one can ask from them. There's also a George cut on their Celebrity Cut Autos checklist for 2016 Heritage. Here's the whole checklist if anyone is interested:

67CCS-AB Anne Bancroft
67CCS-DR Diana Ross
67CCS-FV Frankie Valli
67CCS-GH George Harrison
67CCS-GP Gregory Peck
67CCS-JC Julia Child
67CCS-JH John Havlicek
67CCS-LJ Lady Bird Johnson
67CCS-LN Leonard Nimoy
67CCS-LO Laurence Olivier
67CCS-MJ Mick Jagger
67CCS-MW Mort Walker
67CCS-PM Paul McCartney
67CCS-RA Red Auerbach
67CCS-RB Ray Bradbury
67CCS-RM Ray Manzarek
67CCS-SC Sean Connery
67CCS-SP Sidney Poitier
67CCS-WSC Wally Schirra
67CCS-WSH William Shatner

Pop culture icons of the year 1967 makes sense, Jason. I forgot who Mort Walker was so I looked him up...the creator of Beetle Bailey and Hi and Lois. He's 92!

here's a super high res of the card, which i received a few days ago. i'll be sending it off to BGS (Beckett Grading Services) next week to have it slabbed for protection, so i can toss it around with the dog without fear of damage! (j/k!)

It's an authentic signature from March of '63. It was cut from a promo card sold through RR Auction. Here are pics:

Wow Ballroom never seises to amaze! Sad they cut that piece!
What a shame!!!
I am guessing 67CCS-GH George Harrison from the list above is the cut of George from the promo card.

RSS

Photos

• Add Photos

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Steve Cyrkin, Admin.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Privacy Policy  |  Terms of Service